Hanging out on Social Media is the most frequented daily online activity; followed by email, video and surfing for own interest.
Social media is a favorite pass time for both larger and smaller cities, but the latter show higher interest in multimedia entertainment.
- While Metro and Non Metro socialize equally on the digital media.
- Smaller towns have higher engagement with multimedia entertainment and video downloads.
Email and surfing for personal interest is an acquired habit developed through ages; while multimedia loses its appeal for the older audience.
- Social networking remains almost constant across age-groups.
- Incidence of connecting to email shoots up with age.
- However, video downloads is less popular with the older audience.
Savvy discerning youth love to research about their purchases online before loosening their purse strings.
89% always research purchases online before actually buying them.
This is alike between metros and non-metros.
81% have purchased personal stuff online including movie tickets.
Buying online …
- 78% of 25+ years buy online atleast once a month
- Pre-disposition to online purchases increase with age
- 19% of the people claim to have never shopped online even for a movie ticket.
- Women are less predisposed to ticketing online. 28% of women claimed to have never bought online, even a movie ticket as against 14% men
Keeping up with the times …
- 87% of people read news online at least once a week
- It is skewed towards men with 93% and only 77% women claim to read news online
- 95% of the people also read up at least once a week about things that interest them